Witch hunt is back, also I got some art.

I have been receiving artwork for The Perfect Moment recently, and I have to say - it is looking pretty good.


I have also dusted off Grab the Loot, and am considering what to do with it. I want to majorly rewrite it, so I might end up doing just that. The current idea is to bring the gameplay more in line with the silly theme, and to make it lighter and easier (without taking the optimization completely out of it.)

I have made a brief first attempt at that, but more has to be done before it is complete.

I also just made another version of Witch Hunt - this time I dropped it down to 9 cards, and 21 pennies. The BGDG liked it, so you might hear more about it some time. Here are my notes about the play through:

  • Adding in different types of could allow for different testimony "strength", which would add another layer to the strategy.
    • penny = +1/-1, nickel = +2/-2, dime = +3/-3  
  • Cheating is possible - tucking a penny under a card is prone to players looking.
    • Use opaque cups on a smooth table instead of cards as the covering?
    • Having more single sided tokens would work, especially if they were put into an envelope/bag.
  • Misanthrope is too hard.
    • make misanthrope have gradiations: kill 1 puritan = 1 point, 2 = 3 points, 3+ = 6 points.
    • make it just matter if his tokens were on dying people?
    • honestly, balance all the things
    • also, perhaps the name should be sociopath?
  • First player disadvantage
    • The first player in every round is the only one that cannot look at a token.
    • People can look at his stuff, and react to him
    • An astute last player gets the final say sometimes.
  • Baseline at 0 for death instead of -1 would make more people die.
    • Perhaps the first player can set the baseline to mitigate his disadvantage?
      • Guilty until proven innocent (baseline 0) or
      • innocent until proven guilty (baseline -1).
  • Making tokens that are specific to this game would up the perceived value of the game

I also just recorded two episodes for the button-shy design diary. I don't know when they will be posted, but they were fun to record.

Finally, I am going to Essen this year. I was going to be in Europe anyway, and I thought that this would be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to attend. I hope to pitch to some publishers, and check out the new games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests