Getting ready for Essen

I finished up a version of Grab the Loot, and played it at BGDG and at work. It went fairly well, but I am still not really happy with it. I will probably do more work on it before I try playing it with people again.

At the same time I have been playing Terraforming Mars, and Near and Far at work. Both have been really fun.

I have also been working on a new version of Jurassic Universe because my kids keep wanting to play it with me. They love making the ecosystems, and figuring out what will eat what. Rea is very good at building "working" ecosystems (working according to game rules, not necessarily according to real world ecosystem rules.)

I have printed a new version with a few changes, and am ready to test it again. Here are the changes that I made:

  • Making more omnivores
  • combining an animal and a producer on each card (top and bottom)
  • adding back in the science deck (and space scientists to allow you to use it)
  • adding back in planets with rules
I have also been working on getting ready for Essen. I have tried to figure out which games will work with which publishers, and contacting those publishers. Hopefully it is a really successful convention, and I can get a few copies of games into the hands of a few different publishers.

Games that I am going to pitch are:

  • Citadel of Madness
  • Age of Vikings
  • Terran Robot Defense League
Other games that I might pitch if they have a major breakthrough, or seem exactly right for a publisher:
  • Grab the Loot
  • Motu
  • Moar Moai
  • Jurassic Universe

Being that my next semester starts in a week, I am probably going to be busy for the next little bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests