- I have already removed the discard a meeple for a energy, and add an energy to the output.
- I have already lowered the number of free actions to 2: access device, and balance.
- I have made the person that steals a device pay an energy to the person that they stole from. This should make stealing still a deterrent to building awesome devices, but not as powerful as it used to be.
- Storing resources is now energy cost free, however it does cost a turn.
- I also have to figure how the scoring is off. Daniel said that he felt that it was off, but didn't elaborate.
I think that the changes to Grab the loot will be as follows:
First changes (try these immediately, keep the ones that I like)
- Split the different finishes into setup choices: nice captain that doesn't shoot people, or mean captain that shoots one or more people
- Revealing (1 or 2) new behavior card each round (not turn)
- Revealing fewer behavior cards with fewer players
- Having multiple meeples and only getting them back when they fall off
- Placing captain meeples every turn, not just turns that have net gain
Another set of changes that I will try:
- Rotating the first mate each round
- clockwise? counter?
- Making fewer treasures for fewer players and more for more.
- Make coins cheaper, and a more generic currency. Grab them all the time, or spend them to gain abilities. Weak abilities give coins as well, and expensive ones cost coins.
- Cards should also each have themes.
- Possibly block row and column both with meeple
- Split nice and mean cards to remove actions that are mean.
Some new abilities should also exist:
- Grab a coin as a noop. (always available)
- Pay coins to see the bottom of the deck. (always available)
- Show the bottom card to another player (if playing cutthroat)