Child's play

 I have a brief respite from my masters program, and decided to make a game for the 18 card RPG contest that Button Shy is putting on.

The game needs a better name, but it is currently entitled "G-rated movie role-playing game". It is a rules light game where the players basically generate a classic musical animated kids movie, and then play the characters from it.

The rules are here.

We have played one session so far, and the game is quite playable. I made Jason - a reluctant barbarian hero that would prefer to geek out over magical people and creatures, and Alison played Conina - a braggart warrior girl that was turned into a bunny. She ended up as my sidekick, because I have to go on a man-quest and kill something (though I am not sure what), and she said that if I could turn her into a human again she would help me to kill something impressive.

The villains that we are facing are Mrs. Earwig - an evil witch that who is always annoyed because people mispronounce her name (which should be pronounced ah-WEEJ), and a her apprentice - Annagramma - who is secretly an abducted princess with innate magic that is quite powerful. We haven't met them yet, but I look forward to seeing how things play out.

The three goals of the story are to get Conina transformed back, help Jason find acceptance somewhere, and to cause Annagramma to switch sides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests