Chiefs

I played a game of Moar Moai recently. It went well, however we started talking afterward and came up with some interesting ideas. Here are my notes:

Peek at upcoming events
Add chief
Removing stone
Distribution of resources (claim and then distribute later)
Simplify text on player mat
Circle starting values
Remove visible event pile
Move token more than 1

The gist of the better ideas (as far as I remember them) are:

Modify the explorer token to make it a 'village' token. The new token acts as the explorer token, but also the player that gains the ability to move it is declared (for that turn) the chief. The chief gets the ability to take extra resources (as if (s)he were the player with the lowest number of workers), and also can move the village token by more than one square if (s)he is winning by more than one.

Another idea was to remove stone as a resource from the game. The reasoning behind this idea was that it rarely runs out and it only is used for one thing in the game. That one is still something that I am working out if it would be helpful to the game or not. I am considering making stone be the resource for moving the village token, and also considering making less stone in the game. Removing stone would simplify the game a bit, however, so perhaps I should just remove it.

Claiming and then distributing resources: This seems cool, but it takes out some of the fun of the worker placement phase (especially canoe-starving people). It might, however simplify the strategy, and that might be worth it. I will have to give it a try.

Finally, I am working on putting Norse Game on Table Top Simulator. I'll post it when it is done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests