Too many cooks and another BGDG meeting
On Tuesday I went to the Layton BGDG meeting a bit early and played a few games before the meeting started. I got some good feedback, and thought that I would record it here.
- The game should be bigger.
- When you lose armies, you should gain things to offset the loss of armies (abilities?)
- Secret goals?
- More players? - attack the people near you only
Grab the Loot:
- Calculate scores differently - add greed cards into everyone's loot to simplify it.
- Make a game over card to add to the bottom of the greed deck.
- Add to the rules the "do everything that you can" rule, so that when an ability is impossible, you still get to use it
- Double sided greeds that are rotatable
- Record scores to see if they are too swingy, and recalculate to make them tighter
- Slots should not be the same
- Make players have a secret treasure (or greed) that other players do not know about.
- Spend your loot for abilities.
- Spend treasure to flip up a card?
- Break the scoring to add in options for other scoring methods.
Since I am grooming Grab the Loot in the hopes that it will one day become a game that Mayday Games would want to publish, I think that that will be the first one to work on.
My two contest entries are feeling pretty close to complete right now, so I don't need to work on them in a pressing manner, however I think that it would be good to work on them in the near future as well.
I also started to work on a new game - tentatively called "Too Many Cooks" (I know that there is already another Reiner Knizia game named that - I am just going to have to figure out a better name some time before it becomes complete) - which is like a boardless version of Tigris and Euphrates right now. I am going to fool around with it some more before I playtest it to make sure that there are rules which cover all of the basic situations that could occur.
Finally, I played "Lanterns" for the first time recently. It was pretty fun. It had a lot of player interaction given that the premise of the game made it seem like multi player solitaire.