Too many cooks and another BGDG meeting

On Tuesday I went to the Layton BGDG meeting a bit early and played a few games before the meeting started. I got some good feedback, and thought that I would record it here.

Deception:

  • The game should be bigger.
  • When you lose armies, you should gain things to offset the loss of armies (abilities?)
  • Secret goals?
  • More players? - attack the people near you only
Grab the Loot:
  • Calculate scores differently - add greed cards into everyone's loot to simplify it.
  • Make a game over card to add to the bottom of the greed deck.
  • Add to the rules the "do everything that you can" rule, so that when an ability is impossible, you still get to use it
  • Double sided greeds that are rotatable
  • Record scores to see if they are too swingy, and recalculate to make them tighter
  • Slots should not be the same
  • Make players have a secret treasure (or greed) that other players do not know about.
  • Spend your loot for abilities.
    • Spend treasure to flip up a card?
  • Break the scoring to add in options for other scoring methods.
Since I am grooming Grab the Loot in the hopes that it will one day become a game that Mayday Games would want to publish, I think that that will be the first one to work on.

My two contest entries are feeling pretty close to complete right now, so I don't need to work on them in a pressing manner, however I think that it would be good to work on them in the near future as well.

I also started to work on a new game - tentatively called "Too Many Cooks" (I know that there is already another Reiner Knizia game named that - I am just going to have to figure out a better name some time before it becomes complete) - which is like a boardless version of Tigris and Euphrates  right now. I am going to fool around with it some more before I playtest it to make sure that there are rules which cover all of the basic situations that could occur.

Finally, I played "Lanterns" for the first time recently. It was pretty fun. It had a lot of player interaction given that the premise of the game made it seem like multi player solitaire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests