A Great Day

I came home and found that my copy of Harbour arrived. It is a fun worker placement tableau building game by Tasty Minstrel Games. I backed it as a Kickstarter project (I also playtested it, so I knew that I would like it already), and it finally arrived.

I sleeved the cards and plan on playing it tomorrow.

After that I got an email telling me that I was announced as an ION Award finalist today :).

I submitted 5 games to be judged and two of them were chosen as finalists: Hungry Oni, and Moar Moai. I sort of expected Moar Moai to do well. It is a simple game that has a lot of strategy, but Hungry Oni was a bit of a surprise. It is really minimalist (I built it as a microgame, to see if I could), so it is not really that big a game.

Either way I am really excited to go to SaltCon and see what happens.

Weather or not I win I will still feel like a winner, since I already have a publisher looking at two of my games, and that was really my main reason for submitting anything to the contest.

Also, I am participating in the SaltCon Math Trade, and you should too. I'll even deliver your stuff to the trade for you if you get it to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests