I'm not dead yet

Alison has been sick for the last few weeks, so both the kickstarter and the robot game have been shelved for a while. At the same time, I have continued on Micronesia, and it is growing into a reasonable game. Though I have not come up with a name for it yet, it is now a viking themed 4xish game where you take over islands and deify your leaders into Norse gods.

I stole the artwork from this guy, who totally drew an awesome set of Norse gods, as well as a bunch of Tolkien themed pictures as well. Obviously the artwork is a placeholder until I can get art made for me.

I printed up some ships and some tokens for the game, and have had a few playtests so far. It still needs a lot of work (mostly with balancing at this point), but it is coming along.



It has been fun to learn more about Norse mythology. The goddess Idunn (pictured above) is a goddess of apples (for one thing), which is a funny portfolio element for a god to have.

Another interesting thing that lawyers (Logmadr) were respected members of viking society (unlike lawyers in american society today).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests