As of this moment it is a 18 card micro game with 8 tokens. there are 16 cards which denote behaviors that the player takes. They are divided among four categories evenly. The other two cards are a score card as well as a valuation chart.
Behaviors which are performed the most often are valued the lowest and the other behaviors values are raised by over playing a behavior.
No two players may have the same score at any given time. If a player arrives at the same score that another player is already at then that player adds one to his or her score to make it different from the player that they were supposed to be tied with.
The theme is that of a bunch of captives attempting to not be eaten by an ogre.
The game ends when the cards run out and all of the players get eaten by the ogre.
The current rules are as follows:
Each player places their colored point token on the score track in the n first slots (where n is the number of players). The player with the most points goes first followed by the player with the second most etc.
Place one value token on each row of the value chart in the 1 place.
Players start with 4 cards if playing with 2 players, 3 cards if playing with 3 players, and 2 cards if playing with 4 players.
A turn consist of:
- Draw the top card from the deck or the discard pile.
- Play two cards, one after the other.
- Draw another card from the top of the deck (if playing with two players)
Drawn cards are added to the players hand. Hands are kept face up in front of the players at all times.
Played cards are resolved like this:
- Determine the value of the card by finding the token on the row of the value chart that corresponds to the card that was just played.
- Gain points equal to the value of the card. If you would share a space on the score chart with another player instead jump over that player. You just gained a free point.
- The token that corresponds to the card you played is moved left one column on the value chart. If the token is in the 1 column then do not move it left but instead move all other tokens one to the right.
- Discard the card to the top of the discard pile.
If the deck is empty then you must draw from the discard pile if you are able (the second draw is skipped in a two player game when the deck is empty)
If you are ever supposed to play a card but have no cards in your hand then you may no longer play any cards for the rest of the game. Do not draw any more cards, you are out of the game.
When all of the players are out of cards the game ends.
The player with the fewest points gets eaten first and the player with the most points got eaten by the ogre last. If that aint winning, then I don't know what is.