I have a lot of things going on

With the new year, there have been tons of things happening.

I have submitted two games to the Cardboard Edison this year: The Citadel of Madness, and Grab the Loot. The feedback that I got from them was immensely helpful last year, so I am eagerly anticipating this year's results.

I also received a large package of board game parts (which I ordered) in the mail. The most exciting parts was the blue gorilla meeple. I have designed a dexterity game based on it (for the January 24 hour game design contest). It is called "Where there's gorillas there's hope". It is fairly simple, and has a traitor mechanic. When I finally get over this cold, I will certainly bring it to work, and see how the guys like it.

I also have been thinking about the 9 card design contest (I never intended to make a game for it, but one just arrived in my brain yesterday, and it is a really interesting idea. Perhaps you will hear more about it in future posts).

The Icon creation thread has exploded back into life in the new year. I have already created 16 icons, and it is only the 5th.

PlaytestHub is still not seeing as much activity as I would hope. Perhaps I will make some sort of giveaway to give it some publicity. I think that it is a good idea, and that it could help the community, however it just doesn't seem to be getting utilized.

I have also made a New Years resolution to submit 12 games to publishers this year. I will update you all on the progress of that as I start working on it.

Speaking of submitting games: at the end of last year I submitted The Fatal Flaw to Button Shy games. I don't know if Jason has really looked at it yet, but he seemed to be favorably disposed to it. With TFF being submitted, I did successfully submit 2 games in 2017. I also added a solo mode for TPM and TFF, so now I have made four solo games.

Finally, I have made some minor modifications to Micronesia. I need to make more, but life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests