NaGaDeMon 2013 Day 18

I have been having a hard time finishing my recent rules changes to Moar Moai. For one thing I want to cut out more of the game than I want to cut out (which basically means that I am conflicted about how much to remove.) The game works fairly well, but needs to be simplified to be played in the amount of time that I want to play it.

Also, I have been spending a lot of time with Roguelike (and getting car repairs, but that is another story). I have printed up cards for Roguelike, tried to play it with my wife and found that in order for it to be playable a lot of impromptu rules had to be made. The game was crushingly hard (which was the goal), but I feel that to give it a more Roguelike feel there needs to be more equipment. I probably hurt less than ten monsters during the game because my wife and I had one sword between the two of us, and I was wearing the armor.

We played a game of Ticket to Ride over the weekend with some light gamers. I don't love the game, but appreciate it for the quality that it has of being playable by light gamers (hopefully leading them to play heavier games in the future)

I also introduced them to Resistance Avalon, and they enjoyed it quite a bit. The last game we played came down to the last round, and the assassin failed to guess Merlin (although one spy did have Merlin pegged).

Comments

  1. :)
    It was pretty funny to have to divvy up the only two pieces of equipment that we had, but we quickly got more armor, so it is not like she was running around unprotected the whole game (we just never got any weapons the whole game, so I was running around unable to hurt anything the whole game.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests