Monday, November 18, 2013

NaGaDeMon 2013 Day 18

I have been having a hard time finishing my recent rules changes to Moar Moai. For one thing I want to cut out more of the game than I want to cut out (which basically means that I am conflicted about how much to remove.) The game works fairly well, but needs to be simplified to be played in the amount of time that I want to play it.

Also, I have been spending a lot of time with Roguelike (and getting car repairs, but that is another story). I have printed up cards for Roguelike, tried to play it with my wife and found that in order for it to be playable a lot of impromptu rules had to be made. The game was crushingly hard (which was the goal), but I feel that to give it a more Roguelike feel there needs to be more equipment. I probably hurt less than ten monsters during the game because my wife and I had one sword between the two of us, and I was wearing the armor.

We played a game of Ticket to Ride over the weekend with some light gamers. I don't love the game, but appreciate it for the quality that it has of being playable by light gamers (hopefully leading them to play heavier games in the future)

I also introduced them to Resistance Avalon, and they enjoyed it quite a bit. The last game we played came down to the last round, and the assassin failed to guess Merlin (although one spy did have Merlin pegged).