NaGaDeMon 2013 Day 7

For those who don't want to scroll down, the rules document is here, and the images are here, here, and here.

I played two more games last night trying to emulate Bob and Antoine and figured out about how many of each resource you need to have in order to play the game without running out of anything. I have fixed the rules so that they reflect this (having more statues was a weird side effect of this, but it is possible for a large group of starving people to churn out statues.)

I fooled around with AAAH! cards being added to the explorer deck. They make the explorer phase have way more options. I don't think that they add unnecessary complexity, but I will keep testing them to make sure. They sure seem powerful, though.

The game feels like it is fairly well balanced, however it needs a lot of playtesting to clean it up. I don't know what I am going to do with the rest of this month if I am unable to get enough playtesters to help me out. As of yet I have been pitifully unable to get people to play my game. Usually I can easily get half a dozen people to play, but I have with all my effort only gotten four people to play. I need to work harder.

Perhaps if Friday is also a bust I will decide to make four insufficiently playtested games in one month instead of one reasonably playtested game.

We played a game of Resistance at lunch yesterday in which I brought my final plan to fruition: winning the game as a spy via playing 'No Confidence'. The game is still a fun game, but I can't think of anything else that I want to do when playing it.

Today at lunch we had two entirely unsatisfying games of Resistance (one where the spies didn't know who was on their side, and one where the spies were all so obviously on a team that when one was outed the game was over).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests