1 week of kickstarter

A week into the kickstarter campaign and I am 600% funded. I honestly didn't expect it to go this well. I did spend some up front time advertising it among certain crowds, but I have gotten more people than I can account for.

Additionally, I am quite surprised at how many people were willing to pay extra money for counters of a different color. Perhaps I should have opened up more slots for that, but at the present time I would rather have a very successful campaign that I fulfill quickly than a campaign that gets me a lot of free filament and takes a long time to fulfill.

I have started printing bases for the rewards (Since those don't depend on the choices of the backers - all bases are the same). I can print 21 in about 2.5 hours, so I expect that I will be able to print all of the bases before the campaign closes.

I think that this will make me able to fulfill faster than people will expect. I hope that it makes people more likely to back my projects in the future.

Now I am starting on a site where people are able to order their rewards from me. If I get it done on time, then I will use it in this campaign, otherwise I will probably use it after the campaign ends to take more orders (I think that I will be doing this for anyone that wants counters after this campaign ends).

Also, High Frontier 3 is the coolest kickstarter available on the internet right now. When I say that I mean that it is better than my own. High Frontier is a realistic space exploration game that some people call a simulation more than a game. It is super fun, but unfortunately it takes a long time to play. The fun is so great, that it is still worth it.

Blank Twist Counters - record the state of your games easily -- Kicktraq Mini

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests