A report of the most recent Sandy board game design group meetup

I went to the board game design group meeting last Wednesday. We played three games.

The first game we played was Sorcery, Inc. It went well, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. We played with my new cards (The ones that I added art to recently). Ryan said that he really liked the main mechanic of the game. :)

The second game was 'Snake Wrangler' it was a press your luck dice game, and it went fairly well (though we changed some rules during the game.)

The third game was Near and Far (A new game by Ryan Laukat (in the same world as Above and Below)). It was really fun. Probably the best game that Ryan has made (in my opinion). It was a RPG/adventure game where you have a guy that gains magic artifacts, traits, and fame.

You have a different fame score in each civilization (the humans might like you and the hog folk might hate you) sort of like Grand Theft Auto 2 (which I played once in my teenage years). Being the most well liked person wins you the game, and probably before the game is done being developed it will be culminated by a fight between your character and the bandit lord that is annoying everyone in the area.

It was very thematic, and the mechanics (though not yet entirely balanced) seemed quite well thought out and were very interesting.

I for one am looking forward to this game being on kickstarter. I know that I will back it.

I also added dual counters to my storefront. They look pretty cool, and they should allow users to track things that go from 1 to 100. Before I start really publicizing my storefront I want to have better images of the counters, and to have more colors of filament available for printing with, but I am working up to that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skye Frontier

More Automatown and getting ready for SaltCon

Three more playtests